Chiropractic 101: Spinal Adjustment
In our modern world, more and more people fall victim to excruciating neck and back pain because of sedentary lifestyle. People become glued on to their computers and mobile phones without really putting enough importance on proper posture.
Whenever we need to deal with this painful event, we immediately think of chiropractic. There are a lot of clinics across the country and if you’re in Florida, there is an Orange Park chiropractic. Most people would think is just about cracking spines but there’s more to it.
Let’s try to dig deeper into the details of what Chiropractic is about.
This video courtesy of Palmer College of Chiropractic. www.palmer.edu.
- Total and preventive approach to health focuses on wellness rather than disease.
- Chiropractors focus on the nervous system which controls all aspects of the body.
- According to Gray’s Anatomy, the nervous system is the most complicated and highly organized of the various systems, which make up the human body.
- A misalignment of the spine can hinder the body’s functioning and health.
- Chiropractors perform spinal adjustments using their hands as their tools.
- A spinal adjustment is the application of a precise force to a specific part of a spinal segment.
- The goal of an adjustment is to restore normal nerve transmission.
- Chiropractic focuses on maintaining health naturally without the use of drugs or surgery.
- Chiropractic can relieve pain, help support the body’s immune system and maintain good health.
Therapeutic. It’s considered to be a great form of mental and physical stress relief.
Cheaper than traditional medicine. It costs less and chiropractors often come up with special offers for friends and family. For instance, a chiropractor office in Orange Park, FL offers a great package for their excellent service.
Growing popularity. The Chiropractic Association says that chiropractors across the country record about 250 million visits or appointments in a year. This just means a lot of people swear by the effectiveness of chiropractic.
Soreness. Patients tend to feel sore after an adjustment which is not uncommon.
Multiple sessions. Chiropractic treatments don’t work overnight and require multiple visits.
Limited research. Chiropractic critics point out that studies are limited and no wide study in truly understanding the effect of chiropractic care.
Lack of insurance. Most insurance companies don’t want to pay for chiropractic care which can be troubling.
The bottom line is, everyone is free in choosing what medical treatment works for them best. You can always visit your local chiropractor to get more details about the techniques and packages involved in the treatment. Just be cautious enough to trust a reliable chiropractor who could set you free from your painful dilemma.